San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Opening Date/Time: Tue. 03/03/15 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 03/20/15 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $5,604.33 – $6,691.83 Monthly
$67,252.00 – $80,302.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: SJDC, 5151 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, California
Department: Community Education
To provide leadership, plan, direct, and coordinate the District’s Community Education, Kids College, and other Specialized Training programs including educational opportunities and outreach services for adults in the community, ensuring that the program is self-sustaining; monitor off-campus satellite adult learning operations; and perform a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from an assigned supervisor.
Incumbents in the classification supervise and evaluate assigned staff.
Examples of Duties:
• Ensure a successful, self-sustaining program; monitor income and expenses closely; make adjustments, as necessary to ensure the solvency of the program.
• Provide leadership, plan, develop, coordinate, and evaluate the Community Education, Kids College, and other Specialized Training programs to meet the needs of the community; schedule seminars and workshops; assign dates, facilities and instructors; register students and monitor enrollment; cancel classes, if necessary.
• Develop and implement a business plan for the program and provide leadership in strategic and long range planning to meet short and long term goals effectively.
• Oversee and develop the Community Education Program brochure; write class descriptions and outlines; consult with graphic arts staff, facility management personnel, community members, and instructors.
• Identify business and community needs based on industry trends, job market analysis, and community feedback.
• Interview and select instructors to present a wide variety of community education courses; evaluate and monitor instructor techniques and methods in the classroom.
• Coordinate, direct, train, and evaluate the work performance of assigned staff. Develop professional development plans for assigned staff.
• Administer the program budget; participate in budget planning for the Department.
• Develop and implement a marketing plan for the Community Education, Kids College, and other Specialized Training programs; submit publicity materials to media agencies and create brochures; develop and maintain a database targeting specific markets.
• Monitor and evaluate the services and activities of the Community Education, Kids College, and other Specialized Training programs; incorporate changes in business, technology, educational trends and community needs into class curriculums.
• Coordinate and obtain necessary equipment and materials for classes and presenters; approve classroom key assignments and monitor the return of keys; set up classrooms as needed; obtain authorization for the use of secured areas; ensure necessary equipment, handouts, or materials for classes.
• Maintain current knowledge of new program developments and innovative educational and workplace learning programs in community colleges and higher education.
• Serve as representative for the District on the Stockton Institute for Continued Learning (SICL); schedule and attend meetings; take minutes and prepare monthly activities summary; report activities to the Auxiliary Foundation
• Maintain a variety of files, records and databases; prepare a variety of reports and correspondence.
• Meet with school district administrators for purposes of developing service contracts for the Community Education, Kids College, and other Specialized Programs.
• Resolve operational issues for off-site Community Education, Kids College, and Specialized Training instructors.
• Review requisitions and disbursement vouchers to pay invoices for courses and supplies.
• Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Operational characteristics, services and activities of a community education, kid’s college, and other specialized training programs.
• Program administration and organizational methods and techniques.
• Principles and practices of administration, budgeting, supervision, and training.
• Strategic short and long term planning.
• Methods and techniques of community outreach.
• Principles and practices of course curriculum development.
• Proper language usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Principles and practices of marketing and promotion.
• Standard office procedures and equipment including computers: software applications for spreadsheets, desktop publishing and word processing.
• Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations, particularly those pertaining to Community Education and Contract Education.
• Cash handling and accounting principles.
• Coordinate the Community Education, Kids College, and other Specialized Training programs including course development, facility assignment, instructor selection and registration.
• Create effective community outreach, marketing, and adult educational tools.
• Prepare appropriate materials and curriculum for adult education and kids workshops.
• Monitor program services, activities, and budget; make recommendations for improvement.
• Develop a variety of marketing and promotional material for a diverse audience.
• Monitor off-site satellite learning operations.
• Prepare clear and concise reports.
• Interact successfully and cooperatively with customers of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
• Maintain cash receipts journals and make deposits.
• Sit for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of a computer keyboard.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, adult education or related field.
Two (2) years of experience in the coordination of an educational or community based program, preferably within a higher education setting with at least one (1) year of leadership or supervisory experience.
Copies of transcripts are required with application.
To Apply, please visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/default.cfm
EOE – See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000875063-01#sthash.Yg0aUeh9.dpuf