Sr. Analyst – Ogilvy Common Health
The Analyst will be required to review actual physician-patient interactions using social science techniques (e.g., sociolinguistics, medical anthropology) to identify best practices and gaps in communication and develop actionable insights to improve healthcare dialogue. The Analyst will also need to have an understanding, or interest in digital healthcare related content, that would also be analyzed using these same sociolinguistic and medical anthropology techniques.
A Bachelor’s degree in a social science field is a must. Ideal candidates will have 1-2 years’ work experiences in healthcare, communications, marketing and/or market research. Digital healthcare experience is ideal. Experience designing or conducting market research studies is a plus.
The Analyst will be required to:
- Assist in the development of market research study materials (e.g., questionnaires, interview guides)
- Review video footage to enroll participants into studies based on customized criteria
- Pull data from our social media monitoring platforms and work closely with the digital strategists to make customized client reports
- Analyze written transcripts, or relevant data to identify patterns in conversation for analysis, and report on findings
- Work collaboratively with other Behavioral Insights team members to create PowerPoint presentations for client meetings based on research findings and marketing/educational implications
The Analyst should:
- Have strong analytic skills, including the ability to identify patterns of behavior and meaningful trends in disparate data sources
- Related activities that are a plus:
- Experience with computational lexical analysis
- Familiar with carrying out observational research projects, such as ethnography,
- Authoring primary publications and posters
- Related activities that are a plus:
- Be detail-oriented in order to perform fine-grained textual analysis of transcripts integral to the discourse analytic process
- Have familiarity with healthcare, medicine, and/or pharmaceuticals
- Have solid interpersonal and management skills so that they can be the primary point of contact for clients, running internal team meetings and external client meetings, and managing vendors, freelance help, and other team members
- Collecting and organizing data from project documents
- May be asked to interact with physicians, patients, and others to recruit them for participation in research
- Have strong presentation skills allowing for taking the lead on presentations of reports to clients, and also at Advisory Boards and conferences
- Desire to work in a small team, with the opportunity to develop a variety of skill sets and show initiative to pitch in when needed on all types of assignments
- Ability to maintain flexibility and teamwork in a fast-paced, demanding work environment with some late nights and occasional travelOgilvy CommonHealth Worldwide ( www.ochww.com )—the health behavior change experts of Ogilvy & Mather ( www.ogilvy.com )—committed to creativity and effectiveness in healthcare communications, everywhere. Our global headquarters are in Parsippany, NJ, with additional hubs in New York, London, Paris and Singapore. We maintain multiple additional offices in markets critical to our clients’ global aspirations. Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide provides marketing services including behavioral insights, content strategy and management, digital, interactive and new media services, marketing analytics and research, media planning and buying, medical education, payer marketing and market access, professional advertising and promotion, public affairs and relations, relationship marketing, sales training development, social media and social listening, and wellness and consumer advertising and promotion. The network also offers scientific communications and publications planning services through a wholly owned separate legal entity. The organization houses and maintains individual Ogilvy CommonHealth and Ogilvy Healthworld brand identities within the marketplace and is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY, http://www.wpp.com ).