Educating 100 million people worldwide and with offices in over 30 countries, Pearson Education is the global leader in educational publishing and qualifications, providing high quality qualifications and print and digital resource programmes to help students of all ages learn at their own pace, in their own way.
Pearson English offers resources that are uniquely placed to provide an engaging, robust and high quality choice for many learners and centres. Our publishing teams create a range of teaching and learning resources for English learners wherever whenever. Resources include print, blended and e-learning formats.
Pearson Education is part of Pearson plc, the international media company. In addition to Pearson Education, Pearson’s primary operations include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group. Our products, customers and technologies are changing fast but some things in Pearson stay the same. In everything we do, we aspire to be brave, imaginative and decent .
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To undertake content creation for a product component or service working in-house with a project team
- Understand and implement established product brief; record agreed changes and keep brief up to date
- Establish and adhere to a writing and development schedule with the writers
- Work with editorial vendors to ensure content is delivered on schedule and to specifications
- Support vendors in using standard or proprietary content creation tools and meeting manuscript preparation standards
- Review content for quality and structure prior to digital or print production
- Review page passes of print product or alpha and beta passes of digital product for content and functional accuracy
- Select and prepare scripts and assets for all phases of content creation
- Stay up to date with trends in second language acquisition pedagogy and assessment; stay up to date in English language learning market needs and trends
- Product Owner, Content Creation Manager, Learning Expert, Project Manager, Assessment Specialist, and Content Creation Specialists, Editorial Vendors
- University/College degree or qualification/certification in teaching English as a second/foreign language, or degree in linguistics, foreign language, or related field
- At least 2 years teaching and/or editorial experience in ELT, linguistics, or foreign language
- Experience in contracting editorial vendors a plus
- Experience using a Content Management system a plus
- Ability to navigate a complex and highly matrixed organization effectively
- Possesses sound business acumen; remains pragmatic, calm under pressure; results-focused
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
Job ID: 2014-29283
# of Positions: 2
Position Type: Regular Full Time
We are the world’s leading learning company, working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning.
We provide learning materials, technologies, assessments and services to teachers and students in order to help people everywhere aim higher and fulfil their true potential.
We are more than 40,000 people in 70 countries, but we always need more smart people to join us. Together, we can transform education and make a real difference to the lives of billions of learners worldwide.