Rank: Researcher, Programmer, Product Design
Fields: Computational and Corpus Linguistics
Role: Product Design Analyst (Entry Level or With Experience)
– Designing predictive demographic products and product enhancements
– Analyzing and testing product designs
– Defining morphological patterns within name-based, textual data sets
Through this work, the Product Design Analyst continues to create and improve a suite of predictive demographic software products. The E-Tech products use all name intelligence (e.g. first name, surname, etc.) and geographic intelligence to predict an individual’s ethnicity, religion, language preference and similar variables.
The Product Design Analyst works closely with the Research and Product Development team members, as well as software developers, in an environment with a “start-up” feel, but as part of a well-established company.
Skills and Competencies:
Candidates should demonstrate experience in some of the following areas:
– Background in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, and/or Onomastics
– Experience with SQL, MySQL a plus
– Experience programming, Python a plus
– Experience analyzing large data sets, both textual and mathematical
– Knowledge of statistics
– Competent in Microsoft Excel, macro building a plus
– Experience with Data Visualization and Descriptive Statistics
– Experience developing machine learning technologies
– Knowledge of American FactFinder/Census/American Community Survey
– Knowledge of Morphology and Phonology
– Strong English written and verbal communication
– Self-driven and self-motivated; works independently within set objectives
– Ability to work as part team
– Interest in language, names, and ethnicity
– Creative, puzzle-solver, hack-a-thon personality
– Excited to work in industry, outside of academia
– Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or another field relevant to the skills and competencies listed above.
– Must be able to work full time from the Ethnic Technologies office in South Hackensack, NJ.
Ethnic Technologies offers a competitive base salary with health benefits and a 401k program.
About the Company
Ethnic Technologies is an industry leading company with a startup feel. As the Global Leader in Digital Multicultural Marketing, Research, Data Enhancement, Segmentation, Modeling and Analytics, Ethnic Technologies is an established player in the Direct Marketing industry. The E-Tech software relies on over 30 years of name, geographic and demographic research.
The Research and Product Development team is challenged with upgrading the full suite of predictive demographic products as well as conceptualizing and designing the new products that give Ethnic Technologies its market edge. This team is involved in the creative design projects usually reserved for start-ups.
To apply, please submit as email attachments (1) a brief cover letter describing your background and interest and (2) a resume. Neither attachment should exceed one page; do not submit an academic CV. Please name your attachments clearly with your own name and “cover letter” or “resume.”
Deadline: 31-Dec-2015; Open until filled