Job Posting: Fellowship at Fenton
Fenton is a leading public interest PR firm with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and San Francisco. We develop and execute strategic media campaigns across a wide range of causes that include: global warming, public health, violence prevention, and women’s rights. We are extremely proud to help enhance the effectiveness of innovative and meaningful social change initiatives. Our professionalism lives in harmony with fun. From cookies at staff meetings; to leaving amusing post-it notes on our colleagues’ desks; to sending around videos of our favorite internet dogs, the Fenton office culture is one of community and achievement.
Fenton’s Fellowship program presents its participants with a tangible opportunity to nurture and use the skills needed to succeed in a career centered on progressive communications. Successful candidates will be mentored under real world working conditions by accomplished professionals as they create and implement industry leading communications strategies. Ideal candidates must have the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Passion for communications (what gets clicks, why words matter and so much more)
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively pivot from one to the next.
- Attention to detail and organization
- Enjoy taking on new challenges in a creative environment
- Media, digital and issues enthusiast, because we’re a bunch of geeks for all of that
A Fellow is responsible for assisting account staff with various media, administrative and research activities. Essential responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring news media coverage and social media and analyzing results
- Utilizing online metrics tools to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns and online advertising
- Conducting research on various issues, campaigns and organizations
- Researching relevant journalists for targeted pitches and build media lists
- Conducting stakeholder interviews
- Crafting targeted pitch emails and making pitch calls
- Drafting press materials and online content
- Developing presentations and designing materials using a number of digital tools, such as PowerPoint, InDesign, or Photoshop
- Joining meetings and taking notes
- Taking part in and leading creative brainstorm sessions
- Sharing cool finds about media, issues or the web that can help improve our work
The Fellowship begins on January 11 and runs through April 29. This is a paid Fellowship.
Please apply below using the form. Please PDF all attachments. Applications are due by November 15. Part time positions will be considered on an individual basis – please indicate if you are only available part time. If you have any questions please email our team at FentonFellows@fenton.com.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer, striving to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work. We have a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community.