Rosetta Stone seeks an English Language Curriculum Lead to help create innovative online content for language learning. As a member of the Language Learning Products team, you will play an important role in creating the next generation of Rosetta Stone language learning products. The ideal candidate will bring a repertoire of sound pedagogical practices gleaned from experience teaching languages and from a background in online course design.
Come join us and help us build better products enabling greater functionality, capabilities, scalability, higher quality, higher customization, higher performance, and lower cost; all for a better customer experience.
This full-time position can be based in Seattle, WA; Boulder, CO; Austin, TX; Harrisonburg, VA; Arlington, VA; or Concord, MA. (Exemplary candidates may be considered for remote work.)
Job Profile Summary
- Lead the creation of materials for the teaching and learning of the English language at all levels and for all ages
- Oversee the maintenance of existing materials for English-language learning
- Collaboratively develop state-of-the-art language learning content from learning objectives.
- Collaboratively create and edit guidelines for lesson development.
- Collaboratively create and edit training materials for lesson content authors and other external contractors.
- Train lesson content authors, reviewers and other content development team members.
- Review and edit work from lesson content authors.
- Enforce quality standards to create highly effective, engaging content.
- Complete work within assigned timeframes.
- Develop and implement effective remedies for common learner stumbling blocks.
- Master’s degree in TESOL/TEFL, Second Language Acquisition, Educational Technology, Computer-Assisted Language Learning, linguistics, or closely related field.
- Experience in the design of e-learning content for the teaching of language
- Working proficiency in English
- Experience teaching English as a Second Language in grades K-12 strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of domestic and international language testing standards and frameworks (such as ACTFL, CEFR, TOEFL, TOEIC, Common Core State Standards, WIDA, etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one language other than English.
- Ability to create engaging and effective curriculum.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Adeptness with technology; ability to quickly master new software and systems.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office, Google Apps)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Ability to collaborate with others, including remote teams, as well as to work independently.
- Commitment to excellence coupled with willingness to adapt to change.
- Willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.