Associate Communications Strategist (New York)
What you’ll do:
- Work on a range of challenging communication issues, including corporate reputation and branding; public affairs and issue advocacy; new product launches and repositioning
- Be part of a team of people who are focused on creating great strategies for great clients
- Use market research to create meaningful, actionable and interesting communication advice for clients
Skills and experience
What you should bring:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in market research, corporate communication, public affairs, public relations, advertising, marketing, or another field that you can convince us is relevant
- An ability to juggle and prioritize simultaneous projects and responsibilities… while on the road
- Experience with and ideas about compelling, persuasive, credible messaging
- Strong analytic skills so that you can understand and synthesize perspectives that may be very different from your own
- Strong writing skills (bonus points for cover letters that demonstrate these skills)
- Strong computer skills: Proficiency in PowerPoint is table stakes. The ability to express ideas visually is a compelling differentiator
- A mature demeanor, ready for client-facing situations
- Social media engagement is a plus
In order to be considered for the position, a cover letter and resume are required.
maslansky + partners is a communication strategy firm grounded in a rigorous approach to messaging research. We work with Fortune 500 companies, trade associations, non-profits, and public policy groups to help them address their most important communication and messaging challenges. We’re seeking Communication Strategists with strong analytical thinking, persuasive writing, and project management skills to join our team.
Every member of our team is:
- A researcher – we conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand how audiences respond to different ways of talking about something and why
- A writer – we help clients engage and persuade their audiences by writing in a way that resonates and compels them to act
- A strategist – anyone can find out what an audience thinks; we bring an analytic and strategic approach to messaging.
- A consultant – we constantly imagine the world through the eyes of someone else: our clients’, what are their challenges externally and internally and how can we help them? Our clients’ audiences: how do we factor “their truth” into effective messaging?
Our firm is guided by the simple idea that it’s not what you SAY that matters, it’s what they HEAR. We use research to advise our clients what to say, what not to say, and why it matters. We passionately believe that for PR, marketing and advocacy efforts to be successful, they must have the right words, phrases and framing. Though small, we have a large impact. We work on major communication challenges for Fortune 500 companies, trade associations, non-profits, and public policy groups around the country and the world.
+ send your resume to LanguageStrategy@maslansky.com.
(Please include your last name and the position in the subject line)