Menlo Park -California -US
- Posted 7 days ago
- 78 views
Hidden gem icon
Be one of the first 10 applicants.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Consumer Communications professional to support public relations campaigns around Facebook’s mission of helping to connect, communicate and share in an unprecedented way. This role will focus on telling the story of many Facebook’s products to a diverse range of audiences. Candidates should demonstrate an expertise in storytelling, news judgment, products and show deep passion for Facebook’s mission. This person should be experienced in identifying strong stories related to Facebook and pitching stories to a contacts across consumer and tech press.
This is a full time role based in Menlo Park, California.
- Work closely with various Facebook product teams to develop campaigns focused on how Facebook helps people connect via our products
- Develop and execute proactive media campaigns that increase awareness of Facebook products, both during launch moments and by identifying evergreen story angles
- Work with a range of press, both consumer and technology reporters, to drive our work and narratives
- Manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously and work well cross functionally both internally and with external agencies
- Bachelor’s degree required in English, Communications or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in communications, either consumer or product communications focused
- Experience working with reporters who cover content related to consumer or technology-focused audiences
- Experience managing relationships with reporters across a variety of publications
- Experience with project management and decision-making
- Experience in managing teams and working with PR agencies and contractors
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.