We might be a good match if…
You’re a great researcher and communicator.
You have the drive to explore and define research opportunities. You have demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of cross-functional roles. You’re comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push the limits.
You have a passion for UX research and you’ve done some work to show it.
You like solving research problems, and using qualitative and quantitative studies to evaluate current and new products, and have at least one project to show you’ve worked in this domain.
You believe in triangulating quantitative and qualitative data to inform business decisions.
You can design and conduct user research including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies, quantitative experiments and surveys.
During your summer internship, you’ll get a chance to…
Work side-by-side with talented, design-oriented product teams.
You’ll be directly embedded in one of Uber’s product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other researchers and designers. You’ll learn what it takes to design for millions of users – and hopefully teach us something too.
See how research plays along with product.
You will be working on data products that directly influence day-to-day lives of people. Designing such experiences with the user in mind will be the key. You will learn a lot about how products get built in the real world and how research and data is central to the experiences of the future.
We don’t mess around.
All submissions will be reviewed and qualified candidates contacted in January 2017 for next steps.
Must submit portfolio along with resume for consideration. Must be actively enrolled in a Design degree program.
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Project Managers.
- Examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research.
- Prioritize and drive research to improve the user experience.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders on the team. Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
- Pursuing MS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Statistics and Data Sciences, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL.
- Pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Statistics or a related Data Science field.
- Relevant work experience with User Experience or Human-Computer Interaction teams.
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain, and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that field.
Must submit portfolio along with resume for consideration.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Catered meals and unlimited snacks.
- Monthly housing stipend, reimbursement for cell phone bill and credits for Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.