The Tenure Facility engages with organizations based in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. The Intern will be closely involved in the programs and function of The Tenure Facility, learning about RRI’s work in human rights, land and natural resource tenure, and poverty alleviation. We need someone with the flexibility to work independently in a highly dynamic environment while ensuring that established deadlines are met.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management capability, and a professional, collegial and cheerful demeanor are essential. This position is ideal for a dedicated individual who will follow instructions, demonstrate responsibility, and interest in being an integral part of our small and passionate team. The ideal candidate will meet the qualifications listed below and have a demonstrated interest in the issues at the heart of our work.
The individual will work closely with The Tenure Facility Interim Director and others on the TF team.
This is a part-time, paid internship based in Georgetown, Washington DC. Compensation is hourly and based on skills and experience. The internship, will on average, require the individual to work 20 hours per week. Given the nature of our work, there will be periods of time where the required commitment will increase.
Start date: As soon as a qualified candidate is identified.
- Assist The Tenure Facility with specific research and projects as requested
- Assist with background research for the development of new projects
- Assist with research for specific activities as assigned in accord with language abilities
- Assist with formatting documents
- Provide written translation as requested
- Professional fluency in Spanish and/or French required
- Assist in drafting, translating, and editing documents on tenure rights and related themes
- Assist in all stages of event planning and travel preparation on behalf of The Tenure Facility
- Support coordination and preparation for international events
- Assist as a point of contact for event participants, engaging participants at all stages from invitation to post-event follow-up
- Assist The Tenure Facility with communications and outreach, when requested
- Assist TF to liaise with Communications & Outreach staff to ensure TF information is readily available on RRI’s website and through social media
- Assist TF to craft, post, and maintain event pages, news blogs, and regional web pages.
- Interest in RRI’s and the Tenure Facility’s mission
- Final year of under-graduate studies, bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in international/area studies, international development, business, natural resources, law, or related social science
- Professional fluency in Spanish and/or French required.
- Demonstrated ability to do computer-based research, and assess research and analytical papers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience with travel and/or meeting organizing logistics
- Some experience in communications, outreach, and/or social media
- Ability to perform duties with pride in attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Courteous and professional manner, with respect for other cultures
- A proactive, can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive assignments
- Some experience outside the USA a plus
Interested? Apply Here: https://jobs.washingtonpost.com/job/37785331/intern-the-tenure-facility/