As a “Text Analytics Consultant Intern”, you’ll learn what it means to be a consultant specialized in Text Analytics. You’ll provide functional and technical expertise during project missions in the field of information management. This paid internship, for a period of 6 months, offers personal and professional development, giving opportunities to work into an Engineering International Company.
Reporting directly to one of our consultants based in Rockville (MD), you will work with our clients to successfully implement and deploy our award-winning enterprise applications by analyzing customer’s requirements with the goal to provide best-in-class information extraction capabilities. You will stay in line with project main objectives and keeps a thorough view on deadlines and costs. You are also able to give technical advice to customers and technically adapt our product behaviors to meet customer expectations.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Work with our consulting team to successfully deliver project solution to customers
- Adopt an active and professional attitude during the entire project
- Contribute to the analysis of customers’ requirements
- Write functional & technical specifications to match the customer business requirements
- Communicate on effort estimates and implementation results
Deliver high quality software solutions
- Customize, develop and rollout high quality software solutions, including the innovative semantic components of Expert System, like Sensigrafo and Skill Cartridges®
- Focus on quality assurance prior to deliveries
Provide reporting on ongoing projects
- Report the work-in-progress on a regular basis
- Evaluate timelines and adapt plan according to changing milestones
In this position, you will also:
- Interface with R&D team to ensure that your additional developments are productized and in line within the company product roadmap
- Work closely with product management to insure that generic customer requirements are properly captured, translated into features and integrated in the company product roadmap.
Qualifications and skill requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business information systems or information management
- Strong knowledge of information structuring languages (XML, etc.) and at least one major programming language (Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Good understanding of software development best-practices
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, on several projects in parallel
- Constant learning and rapid improvement of technical skills
- Be reactive, proactive, creative, and innovative in order to provide solutions for the clients’ business requirements
- Attention to detail and analytical skill
We only seek motivated and curious individuals who embrace challenge, and who desire to be immersed in a dynamic and diverse environment that nurtures both personal and professional growth.