We are recruiting an Inside Sales Representative based in our Washington DC office, who will be responsible for generating and qualifying leads in across strategic customer categories.
This position is a unique opportunity to contribute to the expansion of the company at a key inflection point in the market’s development. With investments in Cognitive Solutions set to grow at a rate of 300% according to Forrester, opportunities abound for an enthusiastic business developer to harvest.
Key Activities Will Include
- Building and executing targeted outreach campaigns and all the necessary collateral – email, scripts, target sector decision makers lists – in collaboration with Sales, Marketing and the rest of the organization
- Identify key accounts and decision makers within target customer categories to begin the sales process
- Collaborate with the sales team to determine appropriate sales approaches to penetrate all targeted accounts
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities to the sales team where appropriate
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects and regularly update company’s sales automation software
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Account Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
- Understand customer imperatives and communicate the strategic value our solutions bring to their business
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate positioning
- Key Verticals: Financial Services & Insurance, Publishing / Media & Entertainment, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Oil & Gas
- Geographies of focus: Continental US and Canada
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record penetrating Enterprise accounts with conclusive enterprise software sales. You are accustomed to engaging at the top and developing mutual trust based on truly understanding and serving customer goals. You are at ease positioning innovative technology within the customer business, clearly communicating its business value and how it integrates with existing workflows and technical infrastructure.
- College degree in Computer Science, Marketing, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of enterprise software sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in a sales or inside sales capacity
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience, including VP and C-level executives in IT and Business functions
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including listening
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Be highly organized and persistent in managing the opportunity pipeline.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits;
- High level of integrity and work ethic;
- Experience with enterprise search, semantic technology, analytics, big data, content management, database, and/or knowledge management applications is a strong plus
- Experience with the development of marketing material or in PR activities is a plus
- Previous sales methodology training & CRM experience a must
Administrative Information & Compensation
The position is based in the North Bethesda office of Expert System, and will involve occasional travel in US and Canada.
Competitive compensation package including Base & Commissions in relation to experience as well as benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability and 401K.