Search Quality Analyst
Company Name Oath
Company Location Sunnyvale, California
The Oath Content Analysis and Knowledge Engineering team (formerly Yahoo Search Editorial) is looking for Internet savvy contractors to work on Yahoo-branded products.
A Little About Us
We are a fast-paced global service organization providing human evaluation and diagnostic
services including content management and programming, testing and training data, query
analysis and insights, and product quality optimization on all screens (PC/Phone/Tablet).
A Lot About You
We’re looking for a creative, smart, and versatile generalist with editorial skills to participate in a variety of projects including handling data feeds, building taxonomies, classifying online content, analyzing user behavior, and assisting with a variety of other tasks. You should have a fascination with the Internet and online culture: you’ll be spending all day with it!
• Understanding users’ wants and needs, and making product feature suggestions based on
the competitive landscape and user climate.
• Communicating with the product and engineering teams, escalating issues, distributing
information promptly, and contributing key insights derived from
• Monitoring and analyzing site traffic and usage data to make programming
• Classifying diverse unstructured data.
• Participating in regular high volume testing assignments with a critical eye for improving
the process and product.
• Discovering, evaluating, editing, and programming content to help meet user
information needs in desktop and mobile environments.
You Must Have
• BA required. Preferred fields: Linguistics, Journalism, Computer Science, Library
Information Science, Information Management, or other related fields.
• One to two years of working experience.
• Familiarity with APIs, list management, regular expressions, XML, HTML5, or other
technical skills preferred.
• Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data. Ability to pose and debate theoretical
arguments based on research and data.
• Attention to detail, flexibility, and strong communication, writing, and organizational skills.
• Ability to delve into new topics and a passion for learning, working independently with
• Fluency in English. Fluency in one of the following languages is highly preferred: French, Italian, and German.