EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world whee all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The USAID Education in Crisis and Conflict Network, based in EDC’s International Development Division (IDD) has an opening for a Digital Engagement Specialist, reporting to the ECCN Communications Specialist. This is part time, remote opening, anticipated to work approximately 15 hours per week and is expected to work collaboratively with the larger ECCN Support Team. EDC casual employees generally work as needed. A casual position receives statutory benefits of Social Security contributions, Medicare contributions, unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation insurance and sick leave. A casual position ends when work is complete.
The USAID Education in Crisis and Conflict Network (USAID ECCN) is a community of practice composed of USAID education staff, implementing partners and others working to increase equitable access to, and improve the quality of, education in crisis and conflict affected environments. USAID ECCN was initiated to promote knowledge generation and sharing among practitioners, policy makers and researchers related to Goal 3 of the USAID Education Strategy: improved equitable access to education in crisis and conflict affected environments. This five-year initiative is meant to complement the contributions of other networks, such as INEE, by providing resources to a smaller, more USAID-related community while also gathering and distributing key information to larger audiences.
The Digital Engagment Specialist supports ECCN’s Director and Communications Specialist in conceptualizing, designing, planning, executing and evaluating social media and digital engagement for ECCN’s priorities and initiatives. S/he also supports ECCN in the use of new technologies to increase community engagement and works with the ECCN Support team to develop content that is appropriate for a variety of ICT platforms.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Essential functions include working with subject matter experts to develop then lead and implement a dissemination and utilization plan for several key ECCN products. As part of this:
• Developing and curating ECCN’s presence on YouTube and Twitter and possibly other social media; manage ECCN’s social media accounts
• Adapting and managing ECCN written content for digital platforms;
• Using ICT analytics to provide ongoing analysis of ECCN usage trends across all social media platforms; provide ICT expertise for the planning and execution ECCN’s high-profile webcasts (Webex Platform)
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
• Experience in the area of international development, preferably in the area of education in crisis and conflict-affected contexts
• Experience in supporting virtual networks of practitioners
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree Preferred
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mix of web product development; development of product-specific outreach; website development; programming; software, and/or multi-media development; and/or social media for marketing purposes
• Experienced in managing and using company or organization social media accounts
• Proven ICT skill sets in Word Press, WebEx, Hootsuite, Twitter, other Social Media, Web Product Management
• Outstanding organization skills
• Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for details
• Experience implementing online communication strategies using a website and Social Media
• Superior writing and editorial skills, with expertise to design and development documents preferred
• Capacity to work in difficult conditions and function well under pressure
• Candidates speaking French, Spanish, or Arabic in addition to English preferred
EDC, 43 Foundry Ave, Waltham, MA 02453
No phone calls, please