The LSA is seeking applications for the position of Student Intern at its national office in Washington, DC for the Summer 2018 semester (June – August). This is a great opportunity to learn more about the field of linguistics, the professional needs of LSA members, and the LSA’s broader agenda to advance the scientific study of language. This internship also provides exposure to the workings of a small non-profit organization based in the nation’s capital.
Interns will gain experience with writing, research, database management, social science policy, and a variety of administrative tasks. Please see the position description below for additional details. The position is open to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in programs leading to a degree in linguistics or a related field.
Funding is available to support one part-time position at 32 hours per week, with a $5000 stipend. In order to receive a stipend, applicants must be U.S. citizens or foreign nationals with the appropriate work visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three academic/professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “LSA Internship Application.” The deadline for full consideration is March 23, 2018.
Assist the LSA Secretariat with the following projects:
1) managing its social media accounts
2) website content management and development
3) research and information gathering on a variety of topics (not scholarly in nature)
4) database management
5) representation at meetings and conferences in the DC metro area
6) preparing summaries and analysis of reports and other materials
7) assisting with clerical support
8) develop and execute one long-term project of particular interest to the incumbent