Lyft is seeking a User Experience Research Intern to join our growing team, which aspires to elevate the user experience for our drivers and passengers across 300+ cities nationwide.
You will conduct research studies, as well as participate in studies alongside more senior researchers from which you’ll gain strong mentorship. You will partner with Design, Product Management, Analytics, and Engineering in order to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company.
Additionally, you’ll own and manage the team’s participant recruiting processes, including managing the research participant database. Overall, you’ll work to understand participant needs and criteria for various studies, identify and recruit the right participants, and look to ensure their participation.
You have extraordinary attention to detail and love to organize. You are also an excellent communicator and a flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers that care deeply about creating experiences that bring people together through transportation.
- Design and conduct studies across key Lyft product areas — independently and in conjunction with more senior researchers. You will utilize methods such as ethnographic & field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), guerrilla research, and any other methods you find impactful
- Own the participant recruiting and management for the UX Research team, including identifying, screening (via surveys and phone), and scheduling participants for various types of research studies, and managing our database of research participants
- Manage the organization of all research reports and deliverables, as well as templates and protocols for studies
Experience & Skills
- Currently pursuing a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
- Must have at least one additional term (quarter or semester) of school left after the end of the internship
- Experience as a Researcher and/or Research Coordinator for qualitative research studies, including usability/user testing, surveys, field research, and user interviews
- Extraordinary organizational skills and meticulous eye for detail
- Strong experience with research participant recruitment and management practices, as well as creating basic surveys and working with survey software
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong listening and analytical skills; proactive troubleshooter
- Team player with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for a collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment
- Research experience with mobile technology
- Experience using SurveyMonkey and Ethnio
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Experience conducting quantitative research in applied research settings, ideally within a Product organization
- Experience with behavioral data analysis, designing surveys and experimental research, and analyzing large datasets using appropriate statistical methods
- Experience with applied statistics/econometrics and R, SPSS, SAS, or Python for statistical analyses; command of SQL also a great added bonus
- Design thinking, visual communication, information design, or wireframing skills
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.