Amazon AI Data is searching for passionate, talented, and inventive interns who are currently pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree to help us develop language components for a variety of the AWS products. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of linguistics, natural language processing, and data analysis.
The AI Data Team at AWS is responsible for delivering high quality training data to ensure the best performance of the AWS machine learning systems. Our goal is to produce the highest quality training data in the industry and to delight our customers by improving human language understanding and natural language processing.
· Currently pursuing Master’s or PhD in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or a relevant field.
· Experience in computational linguistics, natural language processing, data analysis.
· Native or near-native fluency in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Japanese, Korean or other languages.
· Proficient in Python, Perl, or another scripting language.
· Proficient in shell scripting, regular expressions.
· Available to work full-time for 3 – 6 months.
· Experience with statistical methods.
· Experience in writing grammars and building FSTs.
· Expertise in building ontologies, taxonomies, and semantic relation frameworks.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.