At Umbrella, we help Members 65+ care for and age in their homes by connecting them with Umbrella Neighbors — handy and skilled folks in their communities. As a user research intern, you’ll help us understand our Members and Umbrella Neighbors and their needs.
We’re looking for a summer intern, who will be on our team for roughly 10-12 weeks.
AS A USER RESEARCH INTERN AT UMBRELLA, YOU WILL
– Deepen our company and industry’s understanding of older adults 65+.
– Work across the company to help us learn more about a variety of customers we serve — our Members, Umbrella Neighbors and Umbrella Pros — through both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
– Create repeatable deliberate forums for user input and use this feedback to help the rest of the team shape digital and service products, software design, and other solutions.
– Publish your findings, positioning Umbrella as an expert for the 65+ community.
WE BELIEVE A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING
– Currently pursuing or recently graduated with a degree in HCI, Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, Anthropology, Information Science, or a related field
– Experience conducting a variety of user research methods both quantitative and qualitative
– A deep curiosity and empathy for our 65+ year old user.
– Enjoy helping others see and understand your research through strong storytelling
– Excel in fast paced environment with high ambiguity and rapid change needed – you make stuff happen.
– Humility. No task is too small for anyone on our team. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes.
– Work ethic. We have fun here – and part of fun for us is working hard toward an important goal.