at Humu Mountain View, CA (Humu HQ)
Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
Humu sends intelligent nudges to every person within a company. These small, scientifically-backed suggestions help each person build better habits, work smarter, and connect with their colleagues—and are the most effective way to drive positive change throughout an organization. We are a behavioral change start-up founded by Laszlo Bock, Wayne Crosby, and Dr. Jessie Wisdom, and a growing team with diverse backgrounds and expertise in the People and Product space.
What you’ll get to work on
Humu’s Nudge Engine® deploys thousands of customized nudges—small, personal steps—throughout organizations to empower every employee, manager, team, and leader as a change agent. Over time, our nudges grow increasingly aware of the timing, messaging, and motivational techniques that inspire individual employees towards action.
Where you fit in
We are committed to change the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone’s working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission, and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same – and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of the People Science team, you will ensure that Humu is built upon solid science and research
- You’ll use research and data to derive insights and drive behavior change within organizations
- You’ll partner with Humu’s clients to deploy the product and ensure success alongside partners in Sales, Customer Success, and Product & Engineering
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in a field that uses analytics to understand human behavior (e.g., Organizational Behavior, Social/Personality Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology)
- Passion for applying social science research to solve real-world organizational challenges
- Experience analyzing data from surveys and experimental research in a business or academic context (applied experience is a plus, but not required)
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and statistical software (e.g., R, SPSS, Stata)
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Ability to translate data into insights for a non-technical audience
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in text and/or social network analytics is a plus, but not required