Creative Reaction Lab is searching for a Learning Engagement Coordinator that would thrive in a team-centered, co-creation culture for racial and health equity that centers Black and Latinx youth. The Learning Engagement Coordinator will lead coordination of Creative Reaction Lab’s institutional programming through sales and customer engagement, facilitating workshops, and managing the upcoming online learning platform.
Current Learning & Education programming includes:
- Leaders for Community Action and Equity workshops
- Redesigners in Action Webinar Series
- Equity by Design Immersive Series
and in collaboration with the Programs department:
- Seeds of Power Fellowship Program
- Redesigning Education For Racial Equity & Social Healing (REFRESH)
Learning and Education (L&E) Programs
- Co-design and facilitate community and client workshops, webinars, local and national public engagements, events, outreach efforts, etc.
- Co-create, launch, and manage Redesigners for Justice online learning platform and curriculum.
- Support training/coaching of REFRESH cohort and Seeds of Power Fellows.
- Oversee L&E program logistics, such as securing venues and speakers, scheduling facilitators, food, attendance tracking, tech for virtual engagements, media capture, and A/V needs.
- Keep Creative Reaction Lab’s executive team up-to-date on L&E progress.
- Support day-to-day supervision and growth of L&E Associates (interns).
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems before, during, and after L&E programs and services.
Sales and Communications
- Coordinate sales and support development for clientele including initial calls, agenda development, email communication, etc.
- Manage administration and operation of L&E programming, including scopes of work (SOW) and legal agreements, media releases, research data agreements and collection, and expense reporting.
- Support the design, development, production, and sales of Equity-Centered Community Design tools, such as the Field Guide and Resource Guide.
- Assist with recruitment, communication and management of community and corporate partnerships, with a particular focus on converting leads and developing pipeline opportunities for youth program alumni.
- Maintain an up-to-date and effective client relationship management system.
- Oversee sales reporting to determine revenue projection, inform budget, and set goals for client recruitment and conversion.
- Support iterative evaluation strategy for L&E programs.
- Develop and regularly assess KPIs and milestones of L&E-involved programs.
- Coordinate data entry of all L&E program evaluations.
- Support continuous improvement and quality monitoring of L&E programming.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and/or 1-2 years of related experience in training and facilitation.
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred (non-traditional settings acceptable).
- Experience in online curriculum/training development and sales + client relationship management a plus.
- Experience facilitating workshops, training, and/or programs for diverse audiences.
- Strong oral, written, public speaking, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent writing, editing, and planning skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from partners, Learning and Education team, and the general public.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and within a team.
- Ability to give and receive direct feedback.
- Ability and willingness to continuously and critically examine one’s relationship to power, privilege, oppression, history, and healing.
- Experience using Google Suite products (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) and Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel.)
- Experience with any of the following products and platforms a plus: Basecamp, Mighty Networks, Airtable, Copper (CRM), Adobe Creative Suite, SurveyMonkey, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Preferred Personal Qualities
- Strong adaptability to changing directions, embraces growth mindset.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a part of a group and values power-shifting.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Commitment to promoting racial and health equity, youth development, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong enjoyment of a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment.
- Willingness to support other team members to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience with, and/or interest in, creative problem solving methodologies and principles including but not limited to Equity-Centered Community Design, Equity Design, Liberatory Design, Design Justice Network principles, Design Thinking, Human-Centered Design, and Inclusive Design.
- Must have flexible and reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel out of state approximately 20-30% of the time.
- Must be willing to work some weekend and evening hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Creative Reaction Lab is committed to a policy of Equal Employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, physical or mental handicap or disability, medical condition, pregnancy, familial status, caregiver status, veteran’s status.
How to Apply
Send the following to Hilary Sedovic, Learning and Education Manager, at email@example.com (and include Learning Engagement Coordinator in the subject line):
- Resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Cover Letter and/or Video* (max 3 minutes; does not need to be professionally produced – recording from your phone or laptop is sufficient) answering the questions “Why does equity matter to you?” and “What role(s) should adults play in the movement toward equity?”
- 2-3 references who can speak to your skill set for this role
- *If you choose to submit a video instead of cover letter, please send a writing sample
Applications will be reviewed immediately with the final deadline of September 4, 2020 if position not filled.