Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to build the future of Virtual Reality. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability. For this position, we are looking for a mixed method methodological generalist, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UX design, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of Oculus VR at Facebook. The Oculus VR Platform Team is looking for someone to work with a research community of Oculus VR users to conduct studies (often longitudinal) to uncover user needs and design new software experiences for virtual reality. This role will mainly focus on qualitative studies with the opportunity to pursue some quantitative work (e.g., surveys) as well.
Minimum Skills and Experiences:
* BA/BS degree in a human behavior related field (marketing, human computer interaction, Psychology, Linguistics, Anthropology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
* 3+ years of experiences working in UX Research, market research or a related field
* Work closely with product teams to define research topics
* Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
* Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
* Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
* Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
* Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
* Experiences in conducting longitudinal research studies
* Experiences in running and managing research communities
* Experiences in conducting research with emergent technologies such as VR headsets, AR glasses
The Facebook CWX Program is enabled by a cutting-edge software platform called TalentNet that leads the contingent labor world for technology innovation. The software platform leverages Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to make sure the right people end up in the right job.
At Facebook, we are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to connect people all over the world. That’s why it’s important that our workforce reflects the diversity of the people we serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps us make better decisions, build better products, and create better experiences for everyone.
We give humans the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Our products empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support, and make a difference.