Founded in 2020, Writer is the leading AI writing assistant for professionals. Hundreds of thousands of people are using Writer to sound smarter, kinder, and more confident at work. Customers include professionals at tech companies like Twitter, Intuit, Pinterest, Squarespace, Webflow, InVision, Bill.com, and UiPath. Enterprise customers include Accenture, Deloitte, The Discovery Channel, and McKesson.
We are a digital-first company, with roots and an office in San Francisco and a diverse team working across the globe.
About the role:
We’re looking for a US-based linguist to join our product team on a contract basis (15 hours per week, rate contingent on qualifications and experience). This opportunity is an excellent chance for a curious and enthusiastic linguist who wants to gain experience by contributing to a product at the forefront of AI and NLP. This role has the potential to transition from contract to full-time employment.
What the product team does:
- We use world-class AI and NLP to give our customers precise and easy-to-follow writing guidance
- We dig into our data both qualitatively and quantitatively, and believe strongly in the value of both approaches
- We’re looking for attention-to-detail that is unparalleled: you can see patterns where others see disorder
- We want you to have an excellent grasp of good writing, from clear sentence structure to proper punctuation
- Perform linguistic product QA across the Writer platform and present results to our team to home in on where we can improve
- Label training data and create evaluation sets to make sure features we release are top notch
- Perform quality control on data we source to maximize its potential for use across our platform
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in linguistics or a related discipline
- Knowledge of semantics or discourse analysis
- Mastery of spreadsheets
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Copyediting experience
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.