Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) for our Streaming Experience Design (XD) team. The successful candidate will combine creative leadership and communication with a passion for user experience design and entertainment.
About the Role
You’ll collaborate with a senior group of product innovators — including Design, Product Management, Consumer Insights, Data Science, and Engineering — to concept and create new product features on our streaming platforms. You’ll test new ideas and approaches to content design that inform, guide, and at times delight members while creating business value.
You love using language to create intuitive, frictionless user experiences. You have a passion for both end-to-end feature development and designing experiments focusing on different language approaches. You possess a strong desire to understand user behavior and business success through data and consumer insights, and are passionate about partnering with Globalization to make Netflix amazing around the world.
- You’re a storyteller who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across platforms.
- You provide both strategic direction and hands-on writing.
- You’re comfortable developing hypotheses and test plans, working closely with Designers and Product Managers.
- You understand that voice is key to people connecting with a brand and product.
- You communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
- You’ll work on several projects at once, providing concepting, content strategy, and writing from early ideation through final execution.
- You’ll initiate your own innovation projects and identify opportunities to join existing projects to elevate the quality of their communications.
- You understand how to rationalize UX solutions with data, improve designs through feedback, and thoughtfully question the status quo.
- 5+ years experience writing for consumer-facing digital products.
- Experience with a/b testing and working on TV platforms is a plus.
- Experience designing global products for a diverse range of users.
- Analytical thinking about customer journeys and content flows.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and people skills.
- Mastery of AP style, with the confidence to know when to break the rules.
This is a full-time, salaried role reporting to the Content Design Manager in the Experience Design (XD) team.