for all of those Career Linguists who have been expressing an interest in UX:
Who We Are
AnswerLab is the leading UX Research firm in the US. We help powerful brands such as Amazon, Google, Facebook, FedEX, Wells Fargo, and Walmart bring a human-centered design process to every product launched. We focus on user experience research to understand what people see, do, think, and feel when using websites, mobile applications, voice interfaces, AR/VR, wearables, and other digital products. Our research studies are tailored to our clients’ unique needs to provide clear, actionable recommendations that generate strategic business results.
The secret to our success is no secret: It is the people who work here! We recruit only the most skilled and client-focused professionals to join our team. All are devoted to being at the forefront of the user experience industry. Our team is made up of smart, down-to-earth people who value a “get it done” attitude as well as a good dose of humor during our work day. We empower them to do what they do best; lead impactful research studies from planning to analysis for the world’s most innovative brands.
AnswerLab has an amazing opportunity for you to grow with us. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly creative and extremely motivated individual, who craves new challenges and thrives on working in a fun, fast-paced and flexible environment.
For more information about AnswerLab, please visit http://www.answerlab.com.
Who You Are
You are a driven, ambitious and results-oriented individual who is deeply curious about UX research. You may be someone early in your UX Research career who wants to hone your craft, learn from experts, and support global brands. You want to become a part of a team whose mission is to improve the digital world by creating experiences people love. You are comfortable engaging in a variety of research support activities across the duration of a project, from initial project planning to the delivery of insights. You thrive in both office-based and home-based environments, and are willing to spend about 50% of your time working from our NYC office, located in the Empire State Building.
Click here to learn more about the AnswerLab culture and why people choose to join our team.
Job Purpose & Impact
The Qualitative UX Research Analyst role will be a full time position on the Research team. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas. The ideal Qualitative UX Research Analyst will be looking to gain experience and expertise in the UX research field at a mission-driven organization.
- During their initial 6 months at AnswerLab, the Analyst will have exposure to various research methods, such as: one-on-one usability studies (remote and in-person), focus groups (remote and in-person), diaries, mobile device testing, card sorting, ethnography, and quantitative benchmarking studies.
- AnswerLab will make efforts to ensure that the Analyst has exposure to all facets of the research process and is able to build their skills accordingly.
- AnswerLab is committed to talent development and career growth opportunities. At intervals of approximately 6 months, AnswerLab will partner with the Analyst on a talent development review, and either promote to an independent researcher role at that time, or provide clear guidance for future development into a continued career path at AnswerLab.
The Qualitative UX Research Analyst Will Be Responsible For
- Partnering with UX researchers at various stages of projects.
- Responsibilities will include study prep, note taking, supporting diaries, organizing findings into a report structure, and more.
- Engaging in on-the-job learning opportunities alongside UX researchers by attending internal kick-off calls, reviewing research plans, observing interviews, and reviewing recorded presentations, as appropriate.
- As skills are developed, take on independent research activities such as interview moderation, report writing, and client-facing communications, on a case-by-case basis.
- Contributing to the quality and consistency of our research deliverables by performing copy editing and data quality control.
- Engaging in thought partnership with UX researchers and other team members to identify opportunities to create experiences our teams & clients love.
- Ensuring the success of future research through contributions to our growing knowledge libraries and other administrative tasks, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
We understand that outstanding candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds. While specific experience is important, we are ultimately looking for candidates who have the personal characteristics to thrive in a growing client-focused business. The ideal candidate will likely meet many or most of the job criteria listed below.
- 1-2 years of experience with or prior exposure to UX research concepts and methods, either formally (e.g., coursework, employment) or informally (e.g., reading articles/books, attending talks or presentations, observing research sessions).
- Strong analytical orientation and curiosity about research/research implications is strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Quick learner with the ability to multitask.
- Unflagging attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google docs/slides skills.
AnswerLab’s Core Values
- Build trust
- Provide amazing service
- Support and encourage inclusivity
- Jump in to help others
- Handle change with flexibility
- Innovate our products and processes
- Explore creative solutions to challenges
- Make AnswerLab a great place to work
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- This is a hybrid role with an estimated 50% of time spent in-office.
- This role requires you to be within commuting distance from AnswerLab’s New York City office located in the Empire State Building.
- You will be expected to work with a COVID vaccinated office environment and you will be asked to sign an attestation form to verify your vaccination.
- Only employees who are fully vaccinated will be allowed access to the NYC office. Meaning at least 14 days have passed since receiving the second dose of a double-dose COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days have passed since receiving the first dose of a single-dose vaccine.
- Travel may be required in the future to conduct in-person research at external testing locations
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects
No staffing/recruiting agencies please.
Note: This job description is subject to change at any time.
At AnswerLab, our mission is to create experiences people love. This means we strive to make our company a great place to work for people from all walks of life. Hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds makes our company stronger and helps us achieve our mission.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.