We’re looking for an assistant to provide support to our Linguist Team. This role requires excellent communication skills and tech savviness. We are looking for a highly organized individual who will be responsible for basic preparatory tasks, such as organizing electronic files and folders, pre-screening applicants, note-taking, and more. In addition, some copy-editing work will be required, so impeccable expression in written and spoken language are a must. As this job may at times involve the handling of confidential documents and information, integrity and trustworthiness are imperative.
Be prepared to be challenged, as things move fast around here. The Linguist Team Assistant role requires the ability to multitask and adapt to changing deadlines with calm agility. You may often be asked to gather data, prepare internal and external communications, and assist cross-functional teams with project-specific needs. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and motivated individual who will embody Mango Languages’ core values as they facilitate the Linguist Team’s ability to effectively carry out their day to day tasks.
Here at Mango, our purpose is simple but powerful: our work is devoted to enriching as many lives as possible with language and culture. When you work here, every day is an adventure — are you up for the challenge? We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Manage and organize electronic files and folders on various platforms
- Assist with screening, scheduling, and onboarding processes for applicants
- Create and edit internal and external communications
- Set up accounts and access to various tools
- Create and edit presentations using Google Suite tools
- Copy-edit various types of documents with accuracy
- Proficient in Google Suite and common communication tools
- Native or native-like English speaker with excellent command of the language
- Professional, polished written and verbal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience copy-editing English-language blog and/or website copy
- Some knowledge of languages other than English
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Takes pride in all work and continually self-evaluates for personal improvement
- Resourceful in solving problems and completing tasks
- Adaptable, flexible, and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Hard worker with the ability to multitask under pressure
- Passion for languages and education
- Professional experience working with educational technology
How to Apply:
- Complete all of the steps below in order to be considered.
- Submit a two-minute video introducing yourself and stating why you would be the perfect fit for this role. Record the video on any platform you like and either include it in your application or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a cover letter that highlights relevant past experience.
- If you have any samples of your writing, please submit them with your application.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology. Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.