Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
For this position, we are looking for an Academic Collaborator with strong research skills in qualitative research methods or behavioral data analysis and academic expertise in one or more of the following topical areas: nonprofits, fundraising, philanthropic giving, volunteering, or drives/giving of goods. The right candidate will have experience conducting end-to-end research on one of the above topics and be excited to collaborate with product teams to bring their research to life to inform development of products in the given space. Research and collaboration is expected to last for 6-12 months but may change based on business needs.
- Collaborate with our Research team and be a part of ongoing product research in the giving and nonprofit space
- Work closely with product teams (e.g., Product Managers, designers, data analysts, engineers) to identify research topics
- Scope and conduct end-to-end research to understand user behavior related to giving
- Share research findings with product team and work closely with them to integrate insights into research development process
- Share expertise and knowledge from your field (through thought partnership, brown bag discussions, literature reviews, etc.)
- Translating research to non-academic audiences and conduct research with an eye toward the impact it can have
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a social science field (Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Political Science, etc.)
- Expertise in the field of giving (e.g., nonprofits, fundraising, philanthropic giving, volunteering, or drives/giving of goods)
- Experience with applied statistics, survey design, behavioral data analysis and/or experience with qualitative methods such as interviews, diary studies, focus groups, or ethnography
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.