Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing engaging language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software uses real-world conversations (in 74 languages and counting!) and cultural insights to share world languages with public library patrons, students, corporate employees, government officials, and learners of all ages.
Are you an experienced Machine Learning and/or NLP Engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity? Mango is looking for an expert in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and AI/Deep Learning to assist in the development of our language learning technology.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their expertise to solve interesting problems and drive new improvements to our language learning products. Your work will directly shape the future of our products, and the future of language learning for our users all over the globe!
You will be part of a core team of product managers, engineers, and linguists working within a fast-growing organization on a mission to create the most effective, engaging and robust language learning software in the world.
If you are a programming expert with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and a love of language, we want to hear from you!
- Training a neural machine translation model
- Developing a bilingual dictionary
- Automating in-house processes
- Using AI to create content faster while maintaining the integrity and pedagogical standards of the product
- Creating and training text-to-speech and speech-to-text models
- Multilingual textual analysis; including morphological analysis, syntactic analysis, lemmatization
- Developing automatic speech recognition
- Finding and making use of the right parallel corpora to train translation engines
- Playing a mentor/educator role to help others on technical and theoretical aspects and best practices to bring Deep Learning and NLP to the organization
- Other duties and new projects as assigned, including a willingness to participate in cross-functional projects.
- Degree in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, or a combination of a related field and equivalent practical experience
- 5+ Years Experience in software engineering and coding with Python
- Advanced Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience collaborating with fellow engineers, product owners, and other stakeholders to apply NLP approaches in a way that makes a positive impact to our users
- Familiarity with experimental design, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Familiarity with spaCy, Transformer Neural Networks, Tensorflow and/or Keras and/or PyTorch, Huggingface, BERT, FastAI, OpenAI/GPT-3
- Demonstrated analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills in a technical context
- Strong problem solving, conceptual thinking, and communication skills
- Experience developing content and curriculum for language learning software
- Fluency in more than one language
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.