Mango Languages is looking for a Linguist Assistant to support ongoing content development initiatives. In this full-time, remote contractor position, you will collaborate with a team of linguists and subject matter experts to develop language learning content and supplemental educational resources.
The Linguist Assistant is responsible for delivering detailed work critical for content development projects, as well as supporting Linguists on the Content Development Team in daily operations and administrative tasks.
Candidates must demonstrate that they are able to effectively manage large-scale projects requiring patience and close attention to detail. They will be expected to work independently and maintain motivation through repetitive, small-scale tasks while consistently producing quality content.
The ideal candidate will also be an adept writer and copy editor. They will be able to research and write about languages and cultures unfamiliar to them in a respectful and accurate manner. This person is interested in language learning and will be a language learner themselves. They are hardworking, have a positive outlook, and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Work collaboratively with remote team members to support the creation of high-quality language learning content
- Implement large-scale content revisions in alignment with Mango Languages’ standard of excellence
- Act as copy editor of course content and supplemental materials
- Work with large batches of audio files, including proofing, splicing, renaming, and uploading files
- Review and draft educational texts with an eye for cultural accuracy and nuance
- Prepare and organize documents in advance for content development teams
- Support efforts to document internal processes
- Assist with daily tasks and operations of the team
- Assist with recruitment initiatives and communicate with candidates
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics or a language-related field
- Experience writing or copy editing educational materials or non-fiction texts
- Experience with administrative tasks such as file management and documentation
- Passion for learning about languages and cultures
- Takes responsibility for quality of work
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- A global perspective with international experience
- Advanced knowledge of Google Suite preferred
- Experience having learned a second language preferred
- Experience working with audio files a bonus
- Reliable internet connection
How To Apply
- Please submit both a resume and cover letter outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description. Please include a writing sample.
Mango was founded to empower deeper human connections through language. We believe that language is an adventure; a journey to be embarked on by those of a bold and curious spirit, and a passion to connect more deeply with their global friends. Our award-winning language-learning system is powered by proven methodologies and world-class learning content. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software is designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills through smart, adaptive technology.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant.