Compensation: 30-35 USD per hour / 30-35 Euros per hour / 26-31 GBP per hour for approximately 19 hours per week
The Climate Safe Lending Network (CSLN) is an international multi-stakeholder collaborative dedicated to accelerating the decarbonization of the banking system to secure a climate-safe world. The Network brings together senior leaders and change makers from across banks, NGOs, investment, businesses, universities, and policy to share insights and collectively explore how to play their optimum role accelerating change.
We are seeking a part-time Communications Manager to effectively communicate the work of the Climate Safe Lending Network to a variety of audiences and increase the Network’s visibility in the sustainable finance community.
This is a new, remote position for a US-based nonprofit that has been created to provide dedicated communications support to the Climate Safe Lending Network on an ongoing basis. As a new member of a growing staff team, the Communications Manager will lead the development and execution of a communications strategy as well as shape the communications function for an international multi-stakeholder network dedicated to shifting financial flows from fossil fuels and deforestation to environmental sustainability and social equity.
The Communications Manager will report to CSLN’s Managing Director and will carry out these key tasks in collaboration with the CSLN team:
- Develop and execute a communications strategy for communicating the work of the Network and increasing CSLN’s visibility in the global sustainable finance community.
- Produce stimulating content (e.g., opinion pieces, articles) for publication in sustainable finance news outlets and trade publications, in collaboration with CSLN’s Executive Director.
- Build awareness of Network participants’ efforts to accelerate the decarbonization of the banking sector by sharing relevant news items and materials and profiling active members.
- Enhance CSLN’s online presence to include broadly disseminating Network products, maintaining CSLN’s website, moderating CSLN’s LinkedIn group, and regularly posting on CSLN’s social media channels.
- Prepare a monthly newsletter in collaboration with CSLN’s team.
- Promote CSLN meetings and events to include preparing a communications plan and crafting communications materials.
The Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate is a communications specialist with expertise in both banking and cross-sector partnerships focused on sustainable finance as well as superb written, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communication skills. You thrive in a fast-paced, creative, team-oriented virtual work environment. You are passionate about advancing systemic solutions to climate change. You have a commitment to excellence and mutual respect as part of your reputation for honesty, fairness, and high ethical standards in all aspects of professional work. You are also an optimist with high energy, a desire to learn and grow, and a sense of humor.
Specific Experience Requested:
We recognize that each applicant for this role will bring unique skills, knowledge, and backgrounds to this position. We welcome diverse experiences and perspectives in our applicant pool; we are seeking candidates who possess many, but not necessarily all, of the following qualifications and experience:
- Knowledgeable about key issues and trends in sustainable finance, such as transition plans, client engagement, financial regulation and policy, financing sustainable solutions (e.g., nature-based carbon sequestration, regenerative agriculture), and climate advocacy
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a communications role involving content creation, website development, social media management, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts in a variety of written formats
- Experience making sense of and synthesizing information across diverse perspectives
- Demonstrated project management skills, particularly starting up and running a new project and/or managing several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion values
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. Send us your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position. Please also describe your relevant experience, qualifications, and pay expectations. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.
The Climate Safe Lending Network is an independent operating project of the nonprofit umbrella organization, Multiplier, a nationally recognized nonprofit with a growing portfolio of innovative initiatives that conserve and protect a sustainable and resilient world.
Multiplier and Climate Safe Lending Network celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and Climate Safe Lending Network are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and Climate Safe Lending Network prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs, and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.