inVibe Labs, a start-up based in Philadelphia is hiring for two full-time positions on their research team (remote to start).
for all of those Career Linguists who have been expressing an interest in UX:
Who We Are
AnswerLab is the leading UX Research firm in the US. We help powerful brands such as Amazon, Google, Facebook, FedEX, Wells Fargo, and Walmart bring a human-centered design process to every product launched. We focus on user experience research to understand what people see, do, think, and feel when using websites, mobile applications, voice interfaces, AR/VR, wearables, and other digital products. Our research studies are tailored to our clients’ unique needs to provide clear, actionable recommendations that generate strategic business results.
The secret to our success is no secret: It is the people who work here! We recruit only the most skilled and client-focused professionals to join our team. All are devoted to being at the forefront of the user experience industry. Our team is made up of smart, down-to-earth people who value a “get it done” attitude as well as a good dose of humor during our work day. We empower them to do what they do best; lead impactful research studies from planning to analysis for the world’s most innovative brands.
AnswerLab has an amazing opportunity for you to grow with us. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a highly creative and extremely motivated individual, who craves new challenges and thrives on working in a fun, fast-paced and flexible environment.
For more information about AnswerLab, please visit http://www.answerlab.com.
Who You Are
You are a driven, ambitious and results-oriented individual who is deeply curious about UX research. You may be someone early in your UX Research career who wants to hone your craft, learn from experts, and support global brands. You want to become a part of a team whose mission is to improve the digital world by creating experiences people love. You are comfortable engaging in a variety of research support activities across the duration of a project, from initial project planning to the delivery of insights. You thrive in both office-based and home-based environments, and are willing to spend about 50% of your time working from our NYC office, located in the Empire State Building.
Click here to learn more about the AnswerLab culture and why people choose to join our team.
Job Purpose & Impact
The Qualitative UX Research Analyst role will be a full time position on the Research team. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we are not able to sponsor visas. The ideal Qualitative UX Research Analyst will be looking to gain experience and expertise in the UX research field at a mission-driven organization.
- During their initial 6 months at AnswerLab, the Analyst will have exposure to various research methods, such as: one-on-one usability studies (remote and in-person), focus groups (remote and in-person), diaries, mobile device testing, card sorting, ethnography, and quantitative benchmarking studies.
- AnswerLab will make efforts to ensure that the Analyst has exposure to all facets of the research process and is able to build their skills accordingly.
- AnswerLab is committed to talent development and career growth opportunities. At intervals of approximately 6 months, AnswerLab will partner with the Analyst on a talent development review, and either promote to an independent researcher role at that time, or provide clear guidance for future development into a continued career path at AnswerLab.
The Qualitative UX Research Analyst Will Be Responsible For
- Partnering with UX researchers at various stages of projects.
- Responsibilities will include study prep, note taking, supporting diaries, organizing findings into a report structure, and more.
- Engaging in on-the-job learning opportunities alongside UX researchers by attending internal kick-off calls, reviewing research plans, observing interviews, and reviewing recorded presentations, as appropriate.
- As skills are developed, take on independent research activities such as interview moderation, report writing, and client-facing communications, on a case-by-case basis.
- Contributing to the quality and consistency of our research deliverables by performing copy editing and data quality control.
- Engaging in thought partnership with UX researchers and other team members to identify opportunities to create experiences our teams & clients love.
- Ensuring the success of future research through contributions to our growing knowledge libraries and other administrative tasks, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
We understand that outstanding candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds. While specific experience is important, we are ultimately looking for candidates who have the personal characteristics to thrive in a growing client-focused business. The ideal candidate will likely meet many or most of the job criteria listed below.
- 1-2 years of experience with or prior exposure to UX research concepts and methods, either formally (e.g., coursework, employment) or informally (e.g., reading articles/books, attending talks or presentations, observing research sessions).
- Strong analytical orientation and curiosity about research/research implications is strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Quick learner with the ability to multitask.
- Unflagging attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google docs/slides skills.
AnswerLab’s Core Values
- Build trust
- Provide amazing service
- Support and encourage inclusivity
- Jump in to help others
- Handle change with flexibility
- Innovate our products and processes
- Explore creative solutions to challenges
- Make AnswerLab a great place to work
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- This is a hybrid role with an estimated 50% of time spent in-office.
- This role requires you to be within commuting distance from AnswerLab’s New York City office located in the Empire State Building.
- You will be expected to work with a COVID vaccinated office environment and you will be asked to sign an attestation form to verify your vaccination.
- Only employees who are fully vaccinated will be allowed access to the NYC office. Meaning at least 14 days have passed since receiving the second dose of a double-dose COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days have passed since receiving the first dose of a single-dose vaccine.
- Travel may be required in the future to conduct in-person research at external testing locations
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects
No staffing/recruiting agencies please.
Note: This job description is subject to change at any time.
At AnswerLab, our mission is to create experiences people love. This means we strive to make our company a great place to work for people from all walks of life. Hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds makes our company stronger and helps us achieve our mission.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Provost UChicagoGRAD Careers
About the Department
UChicagoGRAD, a part of the Office of the Provost that supports graduate education across the University, is an innovative national model for preparing graduate students and postdocs to succeed while at UChicago and beyond. With teams focusing on admissions, fellowship advising, writing support and public speaking training, diversity initiatives, career exploration and planning, and administration, UChicagoGRAD works with campus partners to support students and postdocs at every stage of their academic careers and beyond. UChicagoGRAD functions as a one-stop shop for graduate students and postdocs to access resources that support timely degree completion and to enhance professional preparation that helps them translate their degrees into a variety of careers. UChicagoGRAD works with academic departments and divisions as well as campus-wide offices to develop and implement outreach, recruitment, and yield efforts; graduate and postdoc-focused programs, workshops, and events; training and support tailored to UChicago graduate students and postdocs; and administrative practices and policies in support of graduate education.
The Assistant Director (AD), GRADTalk will offer workshops and individual consultations on topics of oral communications to graduate students and postdocs across all disciplines. In addition to consulting responsibilities, the AD GRADTalk will manage a team of 2-4 GRADTalk consultants. The AD GRADTalk will also cultivate and maintain collaborations with various stakeholders across campus, developing and providing content and programming to address their specific oral communications needs.
- Conducts individual 50-minute meetings with graduate students and postdocs who seek help with interviewing and public speaking skills, providing positive, constructive feedback as well as concrete tips and strategies on general and specific oral communication needs.
- Develops and delivers oral communications-related workshops and programs across campus, managing their organization, promotion, and logistics.
- Leads and expands upon existing GRADTalk programs such as the Three Minute Thesis Competition, and Expand Your Perspective’s public speaking series and podcast.
- Directs students and postdocs to other resources as needed, records advising notes in Symplicity at the end of each session, and responds to follow-up inquiries from students and postdocs by email.
- Partners with other members of the graduate career development team to offer and present workshops and programs.
- Coordinates with campus partners to design and customize workshops and programs to fit the needs of various populations of graduate students and postdocs.
- Trains and leads a team of 2-4 graduate student GRADTalk Consultants including hiring new Consultants as needed; serves as primary reporting contact for Consultants and manages workflow and calendar coordination for all GRADTalk advising and programs.
- Conducts mock interviews, reviews resumes and cover letters, and coordinates other interview related programming in both individual and group settings.
- Develops original content for career related publications and assists with the editing and distribution of Career Services communications materials.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Education:Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Work Experience:Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced degree.
- Two or more years of professional communications coaching experience.
Technical Skills or Knowledge:
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge using shared online calendars.
- Professional email etiquette.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience in public speaking.
- Background in interview settings.
- Knowledge of tenure-track job application and interview process is ideal.
- Resume/CV (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
When applying, the document(s) MUST be uploaded via the My Experience page, in the section titled Application Documents of the application.
Student Affairs & Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Starting August 6th, we will be gathering around the virtual campfire to share stories Fridays in August at 2pm pdt / 3pm mdt / 4pm cdt / 5pm edt:
Over the course of the five weeks, we’ll bring story (listening, finding, telling) to talk about organizational websites, job postings, resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, informational interviews, job interviews and more!
Learn more about Career Camp
Experience the Career Linguist approach to career development and transformation: improvisational, linguistic & story-filled, based on her book Bringing Linguistics to Work.
Learn more about Career Camp
Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) for our Streaming Experience Design (XD) team. The successful candidate will combine creative leadership and communication with a passion for user experience design and entertainment.
About the Role
You’ll collaborate with a senior group of product innovators — including Design, Product Management, Consumer Insights, Data Science, and Engineering — to concept and create new product features on our streaming platforms. You’ll test new ideas and approaches to content design that inform, guide, and at times delight members while creating business value.
You love using language to create intuitive, frictionless user experiences. You have a passion for both end-to-end feature development and designing experiments focusing on different language approaches. You possess a strong desire to understand user behavior and business success through data and consumer insights, and are passionate about partnering with Globalization to make Netflix amazing around the world.
- You’re a storyteller who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across platforms.
- You provide both strategic direction and hands-on writing.
- You’re comfortable developing hypotheses and test plans, working closely with Designers and Product Managers.
- You understand that voice is key to people connecting with a brand and product.
- You communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
- You’ll work on several projects at once, providing concepting, content strategy, and writing from early ideation through final execution.
- You’ll initiate your own innovation projects and identify opportunities to join existing projects to elevate the quality of their communications.
- You understand how to rationalize UX solutions with data, improve designs through feedback, and thoughtfully question the status quo.
- 5+ years experience writing for consumer-facing digital products.
- Experience with a/b testing and working on TV platforms is a plus.
- Experience designing global products for a diverse range of users.
- Analytical thinking about customer journeys and content flows.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and people skills.
- Mastery of AP style, with the confidence to know when to break the rules.
This is a full-time, salaried role reporting to the Content Design Manager in the Experience Design (XD) team.
Brief Description: FairPlay (formerly Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood) is seeking a full-time Campaign Manager to support our new “Risky By Design” campaign. This multi-faceted campaign will build upon our successful advocacy to hold tech platforms accountable for their failures to protect children’s privacy. We’re looking for a big-picture person with excellent project management and communication skills who is willing to work toward anti-oppression both personally and professionally. Ideal candidates live in the Boston or DC area.
FairPlay is a non-profit organization.
- 117 Adams St., Brooklyn, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are seeking a strategic leader to join Etsy’s People Development team who is dedicated to providing purposeful learning experiences that will expand the minds and skills of our employees.
As the Learning Design & Innovation Sr. Manager, you will champion Etsy’s learning design and innovation strategies to create engaging development experiences that help our talent continuously improve and maximize their contributions to the company and our community.
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, NY or San Francisco, CA, reporting to the Director People Development. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week. We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Lead the instructional design strategy including the creation of templates, tools, resources and standards that maximize efficiency and impact
- Champion instructional design quality across the organization including imparting and enhancing instructional design skills across the People Development team and acting as a consultant to decentralized learning resources across Etsy
- Promote collaboration, partnership and relationships among the participants and partners in a design project
- Build and develop an experienced team of learning and development designers and forge partnerships with best in class external vendors.
- Manage instructional design resources both internally and externally to ensure learning products come to fruition on time and achieve desired results
- Own Etsy’s learning innovation strategy including the Innovation Lab – a program designed to identify and pilot the latest learning methodologies, approaches, technology and tools to provide a world-class learning experience for our employees and workers
- Implement tailored employee development experiences by assessing our organizational business in relation to employee learning and development, from hire to extended tenure
- Provides leadership and mentoring to future direct reports. Sets expectations and effectively manages team & vendor contributions, performance, and engagement
- Use human-centered design principles to research, create, and prioritize our learning experience roadmap in new and existing content areas aligned to company goals and priorities
- Responsible for all instructional design, development, and creative capability within the team and ensures appropriate resource availability to design, develop and deliver effective training solutions
- Incorporate learner feedback into continuous curriculum improvement.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and lead, design, and develop large-scale projects with tight deadlines and communicate project updates
- Lead the development of learning programs from scratch, making thoughtful decisions about when to engage quality outside vendors versus when to build internally
- Learn the intricacies of our business environment by developing strong relationships across the company
- Execute with strong project management skills, monitoring work-plans and managing against set goals, knowing what to prioritize and why, knowing who to keep informed and when to call out challenges
- Educate cross-departmental leadership, promoting wide-spread awareness and understanding of instructional design strategy and best practices
- Harness data and tangible outcomes to demonstrate the impact of learning products
- Benchmark validated practices and emerging trends – aligned to macro trends in the world and within the L&D community
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of success building L&D programs for multiple organizations
- 4+ years experience in people management
- Familiarity with leadership development principles, agile methodologies and design-thinking practices preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, redefining those insights into critical decisions
- Ability to clearly package and present sophisticated analyses and recommendations
- Project and partner management abilities, including creating and monitoring goals, prioritizing initiatives, and developing an impactful cadence for updating and educating partners and senior end users
- Experience with project management tools, Learning Management Systems, and various software programs such as Lessonly, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Elucidat, etc.
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
Join us for a Career Camp Reunion on Friday, June 25th at 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT
Open to all past campers, including Cohort 11, who just finished on May 28th!!!
Feeling FOMO? You too can be a happy camper! The next Career Camp – Edition 12 – will be launching on July 30th